What We Offer
Creative Narrations provides training, consulting, and production services in a range of areas, including:
- Digital Storytelling & Community Video:
Through hands-on workshops, participants learn to blend together voice, imagery, artifacts, and video footage into compelling personal and community narratives. We specialize in customized train the trainer work, and provide ongoing support following production wrokshops. Learn more about our training model or see samples.
- New! Online Digital Storytelling Workshops:
Through small group webinars and remote coaching, participants learn to create their own digital stories. We are excited to now offer story production using WeVideo cloud-based editing software. Learn more and register at our webinars page.
- Community Mapping:
In our community mapping workshops, participants learn to integrate video, photos, and audio into multimedia maps while considering their communities' strengths and the challenges they face. These maps can be used as interactive exhibits, community organizing tools, or for online communications. See a sample of a community mapping project.
- Curriculum Development:
Creative Narrations has over two decades of combined experience in participatory curriculum development. We can teach you to incorporate media literacy, multimedia production, and social issues into effective lesson plans, or we can do it for you. Download a sample.
- Oral History:
Creative Narrations has experience with both audio and video oral history projects. We specialize in intergenerational and cross cultural work, and offer trainings for schools and community groups. See a sample.
- Program Documentation:
For many non-profits, multimedia is an elusive tool. We make these tools accessible by teaching you strategies to document program successes and challenges for outreach, fund raising, and program evaluation. See samples.
What Makes Us Unique?
- Capacity building: At Creative Narrations, we focus on leaving your organization with the skills to continue producing and distributing your own multi-media projects. All workshops are hands-on and provide opportunities for peer-to-peer learning.
- Making it accessible: Our trainings are tailored to meet your needs and context. Our model is sustainable because we train you on equipment you may already have, and help you identify low-cost and free software and hardware.
- Stories for change: We strategize with you to discover innovative ways your stories can be used to promote social change. Past examples include multimedia for self-expression, for advocacy at the statehouse, and for local community organizing.
Rates available upon request.