Register Now! Online Digital Storytelling Workshop
Creative Narrations’ Virtual Digital Storytelling Workshop brings together technology, advocacy and media literacy by teaching digital storytelling as a tool for social change. Through viewing examples, interactive tutorials and discussion, participants will be introduced to the magical world of digital storytelling. We will look at the ways in which this medium can be used for civic action, community organizing, and online advocacy. At the end of this workshop, each participant will have completed his his/her own two-minute personal narrative weaving together voice, images, music, and video. All elements of this workshop will be completed online using a small group webinar format and one-on-one remote assistance.
What you need to know:
We offer two options for this unique virtual workshop. Download workshop agenda.
- Option 1: From Nuts to Bolts, learn it all yourself! This Workshop will be a series of four webinars of two hours plus one-on-one assistance. Each participant will learn all the steps of creating his/her digital story from script-writing to adding special effects. Participants must commit to working eight-twelve hours outside of webinar time.
This option includes all webinars, script review and feedback, and up to three hours of one-on-one coaching and technical assistance. Register now!
- Options 2: You're the Director, let us do the editing! In this option, participants will learn how to develop script, plan storyboard, gather images, and record voice through a series of two two-hour webinars and one-on-one assistancec. Participants will provide Creative Narrations staff with audio file of voiceover, storyboard, and all images. Creative Narrations staff will edit together story with participant feedback and creative direction. Participants must commit to working four to six hours outside of webinar time.
This option includes two webinars, up to two hours of one-on-one coaching/technical assistance and a two minute professionally edited video. Register now!
What will I get out of this workshop?
- A final two-minute digital story about the topic of your choice.
- Small group webinars with leading experts in the field of digital stories for social change.
- One-on-one coaching and feedback.
- Technical assistance via remote desktop tools.
- Digital copy of Creative Narrations Digital Storytelling Curriculum and Vegas Movie Studio Tutorial.
- Your story uploaded to the Creative Narrations Vimeo Channel (optional)
- All workshops will be conducted based on PC platform using Sony Vegas Movie Studio software (Free trial version is available for download.)
- The only other required equipment is a simple USB microphone. (Blue Snowball USB recommended.)
- Access to our webinar platform is standard for any PC.
- Interested but you have a Mac? Talk to us!
June Workshop schedule:
Tuesdays in June (June 5th, 12th, 19th, and 26th) from 10AM to 12PM PST. Check here to see what time that is for you.
Register online by May 29th!
What People Are Saying:
Don't believe this can be done online? "THANK YOU from the entire Global Social Innovation team for the outstanding start to our journey of digital storytelling and the promise it holds for bringing to life the work of our team, our employees, our partners, and ultimately the voice of the individuals and communities we are serving." Paul Ellingstad, Director of Global Health, HP Office of Global Social Innovation
Read more about previous virtual workshops and see examples on our blog.